GP Delivery Framework 2017/2019
The Lambeth GP Federations (LGPF) were commissioned by Lambeth Clinical Commissioning Group, to launch the GP Delivery Framework (GPDF) on the 1st April 2014.
The GPDF is a two-year plan that invests in primary care, enabling practices to support patients to stay healthier for longer, and to access services which reduce variation and inequalities in Lambeth’s patient population.
The key areas of priority set for Lambeth were:
- Hypertension – To ensure that patients diagnosed with high blood pressure are effectively identified, monitored, and controlled
- Heart Failure – To ensure that patients with Heart Failure are reviewed every 6 months to check the stability/deterioration of their condition and ensure correct use of medication
- Carers Screening – To identify and support carers with their health and wellbeing, and to introduce social and financial services available within the community
- Patient Referrals – To enable effective management of GP referrals to hospital outpatient clinics.
- Local Care Coordination – To provide patients holistic support for their emotional, social, and physical wellbeing.
- Virtual Clinics – To connect General Practitioners and hospital specialists with the aim of improving health outcomes for patients who may not need an actual referral to secondary care. Virtual Clinics are held on a range of topics, including:
- Child and Adult Respiratory
- Mental Health